Published: Friday, December 22, 2006
Page 1 of 2
Wooden Football hall - Level K2
The Finnish firm of POOK Architects' Office Ltd deftly explores wood as a primary material to create an innovative roofing solution, for a football stadium in the city of Helsinki, which appeals to both aesthetic and structural sensibilities.
By: POOK Architects' Office
Computer rendered view of the proposed football stadium.
- Project Name: Wooden Football hall - Level K2
- Client: Skanska Etela-Suomi / WoodFocus
- Nature of Project: Competition entry
- Location of site: Helsinki, Finland
- Project Type: Stadium
- Principal Designer: POOK Architects' Office Ltd
- Design Team: Ms Katariina Rautiala, Mr Pentti Raiski
- Civil engineers: Nuvo Engineering, Mr Risto Makipuro
- Date of commencement of project: 2002
- Built-up Area: 9,800m2
- Design Program: Level K2 football hall, gym, cafe and team office facilities.
View full page Pages: 1 | 2 Next Page
Architecture-Page is an online design resource, featuring architecture and product design from the world over. More
Email this article |
Previous of Projects Next