Published: Friday, October 20, 2006
Page 1 of 4
Sheraton Abandoibarra Hotel, Bilbao
The hotel is part of the new Ria 2000 master plan of the City of Bilbao, several blocks away from the Guggenheim Museum. Inspired by the work of the artist Chillida and the solid roots, history and culture of the Basque Country, the building is treated like a solid stone block, relieved by a lattice of perforations.
By: Legorreta + Legorreta Architects
Looking up the facade of the Sheraton Hotel, Bilbao, from pavement level. Each room has a lattice window with 9 squares that animates the facade and gives an impression of the interior organization when seen from the outside.
- Project Name: Sheraton Abandoibarra Hotel
- Status: completed in 2004
- Client: Starwood Hotels & Resorts - Sheraton Hotels
- Location of site: Bilbao, Spain
- Built-up Area: 18,000 sq.m.
- Project Type: Hotel
- Principal Designer/s: LEGORRETA + LEGORRETA
(Ricardo & Victor Legorreta )
- Associate Architect: TDM Arquitectos
- Executive Architect: Aurtenechea & Perez-Iriondo Arquitectos
View full page Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page
Architecture-Page is an online design resource, featuring architecture and product design from the world over. More
Email this article |
Previous of Projects Next