Published: Friday, May 16, 2008
Page 1 of 2
Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art
"The new Gerard L. Cafesjian Pavilion of the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art is a complement to the existing Scottsdale Center for the Arts (Benny Gonzales, architect, 1975), achieved through the opportunistic adaptation of the adjacent cineplex, whose five theaters proved to be a logical organization of perfect scale for 18500 square feet of versatile temporary exhibition galleries." says Will Bruder + Partners Ltd. on Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art.
By: Will Bruder + Partners Ltd.
Scrim wall by James Carpenter.
- Project Name: Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art
- Client: Scottsdale Cultural Council: Frank Jacobsen, president; Robert Knight, director; Ric Alling, project manager
- Project Type: Museum
- Principal Designer/s: Will Bruder
- Design Team: Will Bruder, Rob Gaspard, Tim Christ, Ben Nesbeitt, Saskia Harth
- Contractor/s: Rudow & Berry, Inc-Mark Rudow, structural; Baltes/Valentino Associates, mechanical/electrical; Lighting Dynamics, lighting design; Wardin-Cockriel & Associates, acoustical; Construction Consultants, cost consultant; Howard S. Wright Construction Co., general contractor Steve Martino & Associates Design, landscape architect; Todd & Associates, Inc., landscape architect; Bill Peifer, landscape architect
- Date of completion of project: 1999
- Location of site: Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
- Built-up Area: 18826 s.f
View full page Pages: 1 | 2 Next Page
Architecture-Page is an online design resource, featuring architecture and product design from the world over. More
Email this article |
Previous of Projects Next