Published: Thursday, October 04, 2007
Page 1 of 3
"The client required that the small site (166 sq m) be used to maximum potential to increase the size of the house and also the garden space." - Zen Architects elaborating on their design of Green House.
By: Zen Architects
Green courtyard and pond as viewed from rooftop garden.
- Project Name: North Carlton Green House
- Client: Anne-Marie
- Project Type: Renovation and extension
- Principal Designer/s: Zen Architects
- Design Team: Ben Callery and Ric Zen
- Contractor/s: Concept Build
- Date of commencement of project: April 2005
- Date of completion of project: December 2005
- Location of site: Melbourne, Australia
- Site Area: 166 square meters
- Building footprint area: 100 square meters
- Floor Area: 132 square meters
- Outdoor garden area: 45 square meters
- Cost of Construction/Execution: $365,000
Words from the designer
An extension to a single storey, two bedroom, Victorian terrace house.
The client required that the small site (166 sq m) be used to maximum potential to increase the size of the house and also the garden space. We identified the client's passion for her garden and the sun, as an exciting opportunity to increase the local ecological diversity and absorb carbon dioxide. The brief also encompassed the aims of minimizing resource and energy use.
View full page Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page
Architecture-Page is an online design resource, featuring architecture and product design from the world over. More
Email this article |
Previous of Projects Next