Published: Sunday, June 01, 2008
Page 1 of 1
Suga Architects Office Co. Ltd.
Profile of the Japanese architecture firm Suga Architects Office Co. Ltd.
Strata House, Hyogo, Japan by Suga Architects Office. Co. Ltd. More
"The driving school facility is surrounded by warehouses; so in spite of it being comparatively of a smaller scale, we designed it in a way that makes its presence felt." says Suga Architects Office Co. Ltd. on Rics Pro. More
"The building is basically composed of laboratories and offices." says Suga Architects Office Co. Ltd. on Mitsumura. More
"The act of going for a drink for us is similar to going back to our nests." says Suga Architects Office Co. Ltd. on Le cabaret. More
"The client designs shoes, so there are many visitors from foreign countries. They wanted a house which represents refined tastes." says Suga Architects Office Co.Ltd. on House at Nagata. More
"We tore down the old house and built a new one. It is built on the slope with an above sea level of 150 m. The view from the living room has a spread to the sea exceeding the windbreak forest." says Suga Architects Office Co.Ltd. on Black House. More
Profile of Suga Architects Office Co. Ltd.
- Business Name
- Suga Architects Office Co. Ltd.
Tadashi Suga, Atsuo Okishio, Shintaro Fukuhara, Mitsunobu Yamagishi and Kazuhiro Doi
We do not create architecture depending on special styles or principles, but by considering what essentially the situation requires.
We consider what people want to feel in the buildings, what makes them comfortable and happy, including elements such as: color, sound, smell, kind of brightness, flow of light and wind, form, space, forgotten feelings in a busy daily life, landscape and so on. All those elements touch people's senses, enthuse them and make them feel good.We also try to go beyond these elements and seek a universal solution.
- Founded: 1993
- Offices: 2
- Design team: 7
- Mistumura, Commercial building, Hyogo, Japan, 2007
- Rics Pro, Rokko Island Driving school, Hyogo, Japan, 2007
- Le cabaret, bar, Osaka, Japan, 2005
- House at Nagata, Single family house, Hyogo, Japan, 2005
- Black House, Single family house, Hyogo, Japan, 2002
- Strata House, Apartment house, Hyogo, Japan, 2000
- LiVES, Dec 2007 & Jan 2008
- LiVES, Oct & Nov, 2007
- CONFORT, October, 2007
- ShoutenKenchiku extra edition Restaurants& Bars, June, 2007
- THE GOLD, September, 2007
- Shouten-Kenchiku Monthly Magazine of Shop Design & Interior Design September, 2007
- SPA-DE Vol.5, Fareast Design Editors, May, 2006
- The best interiors, April, 2006
- High-Rise CONDOMINIUMS in Japan, Graphic-sha, December, 2006
- Low-Rise CONDOMINIUMS in Japan, Graphic-sha, July, 2006
- Prize of Japan Federation of Architects Building Engineers Associations, Japan, 2004
- American Wood Design Award, 2004
- Enviormental Design Prize, Kobe-city, Japan, 2004
- Kusunoki Architectural & Cultural Prize, Hyogo, Japan, 2001
- Grand Prix of the 5th order's competition of Kobe Seishin-Minami, Japan
- Awarded at the Grand Prix of TIME Design Competition
- Awarded at the Excellent Prize of Kawa-Tetsu Design Competition
- Awarded at S× L Design Competition
- Awarded at the Monument Design Competition of the Symbol Gate at Shin-Kaichi shopping mall, Hyogo, Japan
Architecture-Page is an online design resource, featuring architecture and product design from the world over. More
Email this article |
Previous of Profiles Next