Published: Friday, July 04, 2008
Page 1 of 1
Jesse Bornstein Architecture
Profile of the American architecture firm Jesse Bornstein Architecture.
"The available building envelope is carved into a series of volumes with shed roofs that parallel the slope of site." says Jesse Bornstein Architecture on Panorama House. More
"The brief for Green on 19 was to break new ground in the Los Angeles housing market by creating a sustainable, 5 unit multi-family dwelling on an existing underutilized parcel." says Jesse Bornstein Architecture on Green on 19 Sustainable Townhomes More
Profile of Jesse Bornstein Architecture
- Business Name
- Jesse Bornstein Architecture
- United States
Jesse Bornstein (1959) and David Peartree (1975)
Jesse Bornstein Architecture specializes in formally rigorous, site-specific custom design.
We work closely with our clients from design conception through construction using study models, material samples, sketches and computer-based drawings, to communicate formal concepts and building systems. Our ongoing interest in experimentation is tempered by our aspiration toward a timeless architecture that explores the formal and spatial language of modern design, as well as by our construction cost/benefit analyses and an abiding respect for our client's budget.
Hallmarks of our practice are a refined palette of materials and architectural details, spatially interconnected built and natural environments, and the integration of passive and active solar systems into a modern architectural context. We apply our skills, knowledge of construction and aesthetic sensibilities toward creating beautiful, lasting, life-affirming environments for each of our clients.
- Founded: 1989
- Offices: 1
- Design team: 2
- Green on 19 Sustainable Townhomes, Multi-Family Residence, Santa Monica, CA, USA 2008
- Mi-Ca Residence, Single Family Residence, Venice, CA, USA, 2007
- Anderson Residence, Single Family Residence, Mar Vista, CA, USA, 2007
- Panorama House, Single Family Residence, Santa Monica, CA, USA, 2006
- Kahn Residence, Single Family Residence, Santa Monica, CA, USA, 2006
- Nikol Residence, Single Family Residence, Mar Vista, CA, USA, 2006
- Festa Residence, Single Family Residence, Pacific Palisades, CA, USA, 2005
- Tree House, Multi-Family Residence, Santa Monica, CA, USA, 2003
- LA Times, Home Section Feature/Cover Story on Panorama House and Green on 19 Sustainable Townhomes, May 2008 (in print and online)
- Time Warner So-Cal News, Feature Broadcast Story on Green on 19 Sustainable Townhomes, April 2008
- KCBS, News Broadcast story on Green on 19 Sustainable Townhomes, February 2008
- KCAL, News Broadcast story on Green on 19 Sustainable Townhomes, February 2008
- Santa Monica Daily Press, Cover Article on Green on 19 Sustainable Townhomes, February 2008
- Dwell Magazine, Feature/Cover Article on Tree House, January/February 2004
- Sunset Magazine, Article on Twin Shotgun Houses, October 1997
- Excellence Award for Stewardship of the Natural Environment, Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce, Santa Monica, CA, 2008
- AIA Los Angeles Home Tours: Panorama House 2007, Tree House 2004, Twin Shotgun Houses 1996, Nessim Residence 1994
- Alt Build Expo Home Tours, cosponsored by the City of Santa Monica and Global Green USA, Green on 19 Sustainable Townhomes 2008, Panorama House 2007
- Caboom Design Show Home Tours, Mi-Ca Residence 2008, Anderson Residence 2008, Panorama House 2007.
- Western Home Award, cosponsored by AIA and Sunset Magazine, USA, 1998
Architecture-Page is an online design resource, featuring architecture and product design from the world over. More
Email this article |
Previous of Profiles Next