"The project is located on a spare plot of regular land, its access point giving onto the main street, and closing off to the north of the Bilbao-San Sebastian motorway.", says AH Asociados on Sports Centre and Covered Swimming Pool . More
"The honeycomb grid is adopted as the best way to connect spaces at different heights and to organize the whole audience.", says AH Asociados on Granatum - Granada Performing Arts Centre. More
"The internal space of this monastic creation turns out to be the prime factor in the intervention since this space is recovered as a staged union of three public rooms, which allow a synthetic knowledge of the constructive process of the monastic complex.", says AH Asociados on Refurbishment of the former library of the Monastery of Fitero More
"The effect of the folds create different spaces which are intertwined and multiply whilst taking advantage of the lands' unevenness. Thus the building is a square and wall facing towards the street, with its empty space and arcade facing towards the park.", says AH Asociados on Civivox Mendillorri . More
"The house has been built on the hillside, at a lower level, so that it is completely opened to the spectacular surroundings." says AH Asociados on Tossa De Mar - Living The Landscape.
"The strict space planning has been incorporated in volumes that aim to be integrated in the surroundings and the landscape. It is not intended to present the service station as a latest generation or high technology facility, although it is just that, but as an element that has taken root in the surroundings and that has been integrated in order to transform the meeting point of the travelers." says AH Asociados on Service Station in Legarda. More
"The coal-fired power station in Alcudia, Mallorca, is one of the most important examples of industrial architecture of the Balearic Islands." says AH Asociados on The Clearing in the Forest. More
"The cultural centre "Gandiaga Topagunea" is conceived as a group of stony blocks that are perforated by large holes, like an excavated void and horizontal cuts that open the building to the imposing natural landscape" Says AH Asociados on their master plan for the renovation of Arantzazu. More
"The outside treatment respects the volumetric size of the building through the exclusive use of one unifying material. This treatment defines the new image of the building as ‘clear and ordered', thanks to the special disposition of the materials," says AH Asociados, on the Rehabilitation of Architecture Studio in Cizur Menor. More
"Building a house that creates an isolated world for its inhabitants requires a simple but determined execution." says AH Asociados, the architecture firm responsible for the design of CS House. More
Profile of AH Asociados
- Business Name
- AH Asociados
[L-R] Miguel A. Alonso del Val and Rufino J. Hernandez Minguillon
Miguel A. Alonso del Val, Rufino J. Hernandez Minguillon
Ah is an architectural company established in 1995 with branches in Pamplona, Bilbao, Barcelona and Madrid. Its main purpose was to provide technical services for Planning, Design, Site Control and Project Management, after years of experience in housing, public facilities and urban design.
The ah group, based upon a standard organizational framework, is focused on inter-disciplinary team work to obtain better results, adapted to the identity of each client, with the quality of a personalized office and the efficiency of a large company.
Now ah has specialized teams in the design and execution of Collective housing; industrial facilities; public centres for culture, education and health; architectural renewal; urban design, structural design; technical specifications; site control; quantity surveyors and project management. Its work has been awarded with prizes in many local and international competitions and has been widely published in architectural exhibitions magazines and lectures including University Forums, Schools of Architecture and Professional Institutes.
- Founded: 1995
- Offices: 4
- Design team: 42
- University of Navarra Sports Centre; Navarra, Spain; 1993-1994; Sports Centre
- Wine and Vineyard Museum, Olite, Navarra, Spain; 1997-1999; Museum
- Sports Center in Galdakao; Vizcaya, Spain; 1997-2000; Sports Centre
- Ericsson BTC; Vizcaya, Spain; 1999-2001; Offices Building
- Rehabilitation of the old library in the Monastery of Fitero; Fitero, Navarra; 1998-2001; Rehabilitation and Restoration
- Educational Centre. Hospital "Virgen de la Arrixaca"; Murcia, Spain; 1996-2001; Educational building
- CS House; Barcelona, Spain; 2001-2002; Single family house
- Renovation of Arantzazu; Sanctuary of Arantzazu, Gipuzkoa, Spain; 2002-2005; Landscape and urban design
- Civic centre and library in Pamplona; Navarra, Spain; 2002-2005; Cultural Centre
- Architecture Studio in Cizur Menor, Navarra, Spain; 2003-2006; Rehabilitation and Restoration
- "Spanish architecture, University of Navarra Sports Centre" "Sports Center in Galdakao and Educational Centre Hospital "Virgen de la Arrixaca" - El Croquis no. 70 and no. 106 - 107 - 1994 and 2001
- "Wine and Vineyard Museum, Sports Center in Galdakao, Educational Centre Hospital "Virgen de la Arrixaca", Ericsson BTC and CS House" - The Phaidon Atlas of Contemporary World Architecture - 2004
- "Rehabilitation of the old library in the Monastery of Fitero" - Detail Zeitschrift fur Architektur + Baudetail no. 10 - Octubre, 2003
- "University of Navarra Sports Centre, Wine and Vineyard Museum" - Arquitectura Viva no. 46 and no. 55 - Jan-Feb 1996 and July-Aug. 1996
- "University of Navarra Sports Centre, Wine and Vineyard Museum" - Arquitectura COAM no. 316 and no. 327 - May 1999 and 2002
- "Ericsson BTC" - Tectonica no. 21 - July, 2006
- "Educational Centre Hospital "Virgen de la Arrixaca" and Rehabilitation of the old library in the Monastery of Fitero" - AV Monografias no. 93-94 and no. 98 - 2002
- "Wine and Vineyard Museum, Ericsson BTC and Rehabilitation of the old library in the Monastery of Fitero" - On Diseno no. 233 and no. 235 - June 2002, Sept. 2002
- "Renovation of Arantzazu, Urban Plan for the high speed train" - Via Construccion no. 35 and no. 43 - Aug. 2006 and April 2007
- "Wine and Vineyard Museum" - A+t materiales sensibles no. 15 - 2000
- 2007, Saloni Award - Finalist with "Misterio - Renovation of Arantzazu"
- 2007, COAVN Awards - Oficial Basque-Navarre Architecture Association - First Prize with "Architecture Studio in Cizur Menor"
- 2007, COAVN Awards - Oficial Basque-Navarre Architecture Association - Finalist with "Renovation of Arantzazu"
- 2004, VI Veteco-Asefave Award - IFEMA Madrid - First Mention with "CS House"
- 2004, APCE Award with "166 dwellings in Camrago (Cantabria-Spain)"
- 2003, Construmat Awards - Finalist with "Ericsson BTC"
- 2002, V Veteco-Asefave Award - IFEMA Madrid - First Mention with "Ericsson BTC"
- 2002, PAD Awards - First Prize - Educational Centre. Hospital "Virgen de la Arrixaca"
- 2002, FAD Awards - Finalist in Architecture with "Ericsson BTC"
- 2002, Europa Nostra Award - Special Mention with "Rehabilitation of the old library in the Monastery of Fitero"
- 2001-2002, SEDIGAS Awards, First Prize with "Ericsson BTC"
- 2001, VI Bienal de Arquitectura Espanola - Consejo Superior de Colegios de Arquitectos de Espana y Ministerio de Fomento with "Wine and Vineyard Museum"
- 2001, COAVN Awards - Oficial Basque-Navarre Architecture Association - Accesit with "Wine and Vineyard Museum"
- 2000, IV Veteco-Asefave Award - IFEMA Madrid - Second Mention with "Wine and Vineyard Museum"
- 1995, III Bienal de Arquitectura Espanola - Consejo Superior de Colegios de Arquitectos de Espana y Ministerio de Fomento with "University of Navarra Sports Centre"
- 1995, COAVN Awards - Oficial Basque-Navarre Architecture Association - Finalist with "University of Navarra Sports Centre"